Tuesday, October 1, 2013

You know...

In thinking a little bit about my last blog post, and after talking to a very smart woman, I've decided that it's good to have goals, but it's another thing to obsess about what I can't control and what I can't get done. Because, honestly, I don't have a lot of time in my daily schedule to do everything I'd like to do.  And, well, I could probably manage my time a bit better and watch less television.

So I'm going to start small.  I'm not going to let go of my goals.  But I'm going to be realistic about them and maybe try to find a way to manage my time a bit better so I can do some of these things that I want to do.

That's going to be a challenge, though, with the new school year starting and my three of my weekday evenings filled with mentoring.  But, I think if I plan a bit better and not give myself such a rough time when I just don't meet my expectations, I might be able to make some small strides toward my goals.

Maybe.

We'll see.

But whether or not I get much closer to all these things that I want to do, I can still be nice to myself and not feel like such a failure when I don't accomplish all this stuff.

Talk about challenging, especially when this drive to get things done is ingrained in my being.


More on that next time.

No comments: